The Challenge of Coating and Surface Modification
Coating services and surface modification offer a great solution when organizations or labs need to obtain specific properties from their devices.
Biomat’s 25+ years of experience in the coating services and surface modification, which includes the cooperation with primary scientific institutions, enables us to offer a top-quality and reliable coating and surface modification service to companies, laboratories, researchers and institutions operating in the diagnostic and pharmaceutical fields.
By exploiting the current cutting-edge technologies for biotechnology Biomat offers coating services and surface modification for the following applications:
- Immobilization of oligonucleotides on biocoated microplates
- Poly-L-lysine coated microplate for Purified DNA binding
- Streptavidin coating onto proprietary micro-fluidic devices made of different polymers
- Activation and coating of POC devices
- Cell binding on PE membrane
- We know that surface modification and coating services in the development of new drugs or assays related to DNA areas, require very specific knowledge and expertise.
Moreover, knowledge and protocol transfer between the laboratory and the industrial application requires, besides the expertise, high equipment investments (suited only for small pre-series applications) and long time to put into place.
Outsourcing these phases has proven the best solution for most organizations That is why Biomat offers to its customers:
- PRODUCTION CAPACITY
Biomat understands that the availability of new polymers, with improved physical and optical properties, and the use of new moulding and machining techniques, for more precise and micro-finished devices, creates challenges whenever the user needs to obtain particular properties.
As an example, transferring such common property as the protein binding capacity from polystyrene (High Binding treated) to a different polymer with better physical properties (e.g. transparency), demands a lot of testing.
An advanced knowledge of the properties of each material in combination with the specific requirements of each application is needed.
The know-how and expertise of companies in the field must include:
- The ability to apply the same technology to different applications, materials, etc.
- The development of testing methods to evaluate the status of the surface: (ie. Is the coating molecule active and are its binding sites available?)
Biomat, as a partner in the development of coated or modified surfaces, guarantees a product with demonstrated and proven properties, so that the client can rely on guaranteed support for its product or technology.